Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Favorite Bead Store

I live in Boothbay, Maine. This is a great place to live -- but when it comes to shopping, it's a hassle. First you have to get off the peninsula, and for me that is an 8-mile trek. Then, because of all the regulations on "box stores" for miles around, you have to TRAVEL to get to the nearest Wal-Mart, in Brunswick. So when Peter and I need anything, we make lists and then go from store -- to store -- to store.

On Thursday we made such a trip to LL Bean and I made a stop to my most favorite beadstore -- THE BEADIN' PATH. They have an awesome selection of beads and findings. They also have a great bunch of classes. (I've taken 4 of them so far.) Their website is good, and when I haven't been able to make the trip, I've ordered from there: www.beadinpath.com. Dara writes articles called "The Weekly Beaditudes" that I highly recommend. She has a great article this week on the practical do's and don'ts of beading. Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment