Friday, March 27, 2009

I love sales that help people!

I think the best thing about making a sale is feeling like you are helping someone. Today I made a sale to a gal who is planning her wedding and needs two necklaces and two sets of earrings for her bridesmaids. Actually, this is my first sale on Etsy -- and I was honored that she chose a piece of jewelry I designed for her special day. She asked if I would make earrings to match, and it was nice to sit at my table and design with a specific event in mind. Luckily, I had made two of these necklaces already and had all of the beads on hand to create the earrings.

The other sale we had involved Peter's woodworking. I responded to an Alchemy request for a wooden "5". A lady wanted to give her husband (also a woodworker) a "5" in walnut for their anniversary. (Peter said it put him under pressure when he realized his product was going to another woodcraftsman. So, he put extra time into it!)

"Alchemy" is the place on Etsy where people make specific requests and Etsy store owners bid on the jobs. This is where people can even request custom-made "training corsets". (Honest! That's a real request!)

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Love your items at the bottom of the page. Tried to follow, but it wouldn't show up. May be a problem with blogger, because mine wouldn't show up earlier either.
    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
    http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first Etsy sale!

    Take Care,
    Shelly
    www.shellysstuff.jewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete